SHAC logo 

4:00 pm in the Middle School Clinic

Oct 12th 
Dec. 7th
Feb 1st
April 5th 

 Click Here for More Information 


 Tiger Wellness    

WPISD Local Wellness Policy



 7th grade immunizations 

All incoming 7th graders are required by the State to have Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines to begin classes in the fall.  The Jr. High nurse will be available during registration to give vaccines if student qualifies,  to qualify you have to be enrolled in Medicaid, have no health insurance or be American Indian or Alaskan Native. 

Visit your local doctor or Texas State Health Services.

Nurses will also be available at the Back to School Fair on August 12, 2017

Texas Department of State Health Services immunization requirements for school attendance for the 2017-18 school year can be found using the following link:

 Texas DSHS requires the district to provide local/county health departments that provide influenza vaccine.  Van Zandt county does not have a Health Department.  The closest DSHS location is:


Athens Health Department
 708 E. Corsicana St.
 Athens, TX 75751 

Other locations can be found at the DSHS website.

Another source for the flu vaccine is your healtHcare provider.  Wills Point ISD is a Texas Vaccines for Children Provider.  We offered flu shots to students last year.  We are awaiting delivery of this year's supply.  Parents will be notified when the vaccine is available.

Immunization Requirements

Click here for a link to all documents in español.. 



  • Every student has to have a student health and emergence authorization form on file
  • Immunizations:
    • Immunizations are available free of charge for qualifying students. If your child is on Medicaid, has no insurance, American Indian or Alaskan Native, or underinsured they qualify.
    • This link will go directly to the immunization page of DSHS. Here, you can click on the immunization you are needing and can print the authorization form that youwill need to bring to the nurse. There are English and Spanish versions on this page
  • Medications
    • I can not give your child medications without a doctor's order, even over the counter products such as Tylenol, Motrin, Advil, Pepto., even if they are 18.
    • If it will be a short term medication, 10 days or less, you may sign the "Parent Request Short Term Medications" from. This form is only good for 10 days after the date of signing
    • Long Term medication may be given for the school year with a physician's signature (ex. ADHD medication). You can have PRN medications such as Tylenol, Advil, Pepto on this form. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS LAW. I must have the parent or physician signed paper before medication can be given. Also, you must provide all medications.
  • Asthma:
    • School Asthma Action plan must be signed by physician and on file in my office for students to be allowed to carry inhalers you may also have a back up inhaler in my office
  • Allergy:
    • Severe Allergy Action Plan must be signed by a physician and on file in my office for use of epi pens
  • Diabetes:
    • Students with diabetes must have a diabetes management and treatment plan signed by a physician and on file in my office, before the start of the new school year. Students have a place to keep snacks and supplies in my office.

Contact your school nurse anytime with questions or concerns. 


Click here for a link to all documents in español..