College and Career Readiness indicates what a graduate must know in order to be successful in higher education and beyond.
College readiness is assessed by six key indicators:
1. Completion of advanced and or dual high school-college credit course(s);
2. Completion of a high school academic program that exceeds minimum state requirements and meets the Recommended High School Program (RHSP),
or more rigorous Distinguished Achievement Program (DAP);
3. Completion and successful passage of at least one Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) course;
4. Meeting or exceeding benchmark scores on the high school exit exam in both mathematics and English language arts;
5. Meeting or exceeding required scores on the Texas college admissions test (Texas Success Initiative, Higher Education Readiness Component)
in both mathematics and English language arts; and,
6. Meeting or exceeding state benchmarks on either the ACT or SAT college admissions exams.
ACT Testing Info and Registration:
The ACT is given at Wills Point High School